A. O. Smith Water Products Company (Ashland City, Tenn.) has announced the recipients of the 2008 A. O. Smith Professional Contractor Association Scholarship Program. The 10 finalists were selected from more than 100 applicants nationwide, and each recipient received $2,000 to apply toward higher education pursuits.
“A. O. Smith considers it an honor to provide assistance to these worthy recipients in their academic endeavors,” said Mike Parker, vice president of marketing at A. O. Smith Water Products Company. “At any level, it is great to have hard work recognized, and we are proud to encourage these students to continue striving toward achieving their dreams.”
The 10 scholarship recipients are:
• Abby M. Jensen, a chemical engineering major at Iowa State University.
• Bradley S. Kuhns, a pharmacy major at Butler University
• Eric L. Martin, a biology major at Southeast Missouri State University
• Erin E. Mazzeo, a communications major at Flagler College
• Shannon E. McGoldrick, an architecture major at the University of Notre Dame
• Megan L. McKee, a nursing student at Western Kentucky University
• Jay W. McMillan, a pre-medicine major at Kalamazoo College
• Evan T. Pauken, a music education major at Central Michigan University
• Sarah A. Rinehart, a biomedical engineering major at the University of Iowa
• Bailey Wilson, a criminal justice studies major at the University of Idaho
The scholarship program is open to high school seniors, high school graduates and GED recipients or students currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school. Any spouse, child or grandchild of a PCA member with a desire to continue their education may compete for a scholarship award. l FON