MORTON GROVE, Illinois – March 3, 2010 — ITT Bell & Gossett announces a new extensive online library of 3D Building Information Modeling (BIM) content files in Autodesk® Revit® 2010. A total of 113 Revit families and 5,252 types have been created for the following HVAC product lines:
- Pumps: VSX, Series 1510, 1531, 80, 80-SC, 60, and 90
- Pump Accessories: Suction Diffusers & Triple Duty Valves
- Engineered Specialties: Rolairtrols and B&D Expansion Tanks
- U-Tube Heat Exchangers
Bell & Gossett contracted with CADworks®, one of two certified Autodesk Content Network providers in the world, to transform its HVAC product drawing files into Revit families, which are parametric components that serve as the basis for all designs. Users can select the files directly in Autodesk Revit with a one time download of the Bell & Gossett Content Module at http://www.cadworks.net/bellgossett and picking the appropriate models from the Content Library.
Benefits of the Bell & Gossett Revit content include:
- Easy access to integrated content in Autodesk Revit, eliminating the need to search and download files from external websites
- Fully certified content created by CADworks and approved by Bell & Gossett
- Bell & Gossett content is created in the latest Revit version (2010), and will be automatically upgraded to future generations, requiring no user patch downloads
- Changes to designs are automatically updated across the entire project and are easy to track; there is no need to re-enter information
- Multiple simultaneous design alternatives are allowed within projects
- Flexibility and control over visualization of projects
“This new Building Information Modeling drawing library will be very beneficial for mechanical system designers at architects, engineers, contractors, fabricators, building owners,” said Mark Handzel, Director of Building Services, Americas at ITT Residential & Commercial Water. “The on-line design will eliminate the need for downloading extensive libraries of drawings and assure that all drawings are 100% accurate.”
Visit the Bell & Gossett website at www.bellgossett.com.
(Autodesk and Revit are registered trademarks of Autodesk, Inc.)
# # # #
About Bell & Gossett
Bell & Gossett, a brand of ITT Corporation, is a leading manufacturer of centrifugal pumps, circulators, hydronic specialties, heat exchangers, condensate handling equipment, and packaged systems for variable and constant speed pumping, heat transfer and pressure boosting.
About ITT Corporation
ITT Corporation is a high-technology engineering and manufacturing company operating on all seven continents in three vital markets: water and fluids management, global defense and security, and motion and flow control. With a heritage of innovation, ITT partners with its customers to deliver extraordinary solutions that create more livable environments, provide protection and safety and connect our world. Headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., the company generated 2009 revenue of $10.9 billion. www.itt.com