GeoFarm is a hands-on, multi-station outdoor workshop and training arena for geothermal contractors. Held August 30, GeoFarm’11 drew more than 120 geothermal professionals from across the Northeast and Midwest regions.
The morning of ClimateMaster’s big event began on the mountaintop overlooking the Ohio River. Attendees started each day with three one-hour work stations while being moved about on mobile hay bales.
The work stations that included:
• “Pond loop installations” with Sean Hogan, a ClimateMaster training expert
• “Tranquility 22 Digital Series” with Mike Hammond, also a ClimateMaster trainer, where contractors got a working demonstration of the manufacturer’s latest technology
• “Unit setup and performance” with Richard Hiles, ClimateMaster’s residential district region manager
• “Horizontal loop & pipe heat fusion” with Joe Fish, residential district manager
• “GeoDesigner software” with Rich Gibson, district manager for ClimateMaster
• “Vertical Drilling” with Dave Pergel, a ClimateMaster applications engineer
“The trainers provided valuable experience for contractors. It’s how they taught that makes such a big impact.” Said Dave Esoldo, product-marketing manager at HVAC Distributors in Mt. Joy, PA. who also had three of his customers in attendance.